In terms of formal powers in the realm of foreign policy, ________.
- the president is entirely in charge
- the president and Congress share power
- Congress is entirely in charge
- decisions are delegated to experts in the bureaucracy
Why do House members and senators tend to be less active on foreign policy matters than domestic ones?
- Foreign policy matters are more technical and difficult.
- Legislators do not want to offend certain immigrant groups within their constituency.
- Constituents are more directly affected by domestic policy topics than foreign ones.
- Legislators themselves are not interested in foreign policy matters.