Which of the following statements is not true?
- The life expectancy of black males in the United States is approximately five years shorter than for white males.
- The infant mortality rate for blacks in the United States is almost double than it is for white.
- Blacks have lower cancer rates than whites.
- Hispanics have worse access to care than non-Hispanic whites.
The process by which aspects of life that were considered bad or deviant are redefined as sickness and needing medical attention to remedy is called:
- intersection theory
What are the most commonly diagnosed mental disorders in the United States?
- Mood disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Anxiety disorders
Sidewalk ramps and Braille signs are examples of _______________.
- accommodations required by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- forms of accessibility for people with disabilities
- both b and c
The high unemployment rate among the disabled may be a result of ____________.
- all of the above